Q. 25.0( 1 Vote )
Answer the questions given below the extracts.
"You always wanted to be a great man and now you have got your wish".
1. What was his wish?
2. How had her husband's wish been granted?
3. Comment on the speaker's tone as she says these words.
1. Lord Weston was a self important person who always wanted to be a great man and known by everyone. His wish was to never get hurt or kill by any of his enemies though he used to get many threats in his life as he thought all the other persons were jealous of him and would plan a murder of him some day.
2. Lady Weston told her husband that his wish had been granted by telling him that the message was a dreadful scrawl and he should not take it seriously. They just don’t assassinate nobodies by which she meant that he did not amount to anything to be assassinated. The message was seemed to be carelessly written to Lady Weston so she told her husband not to worry about it.
3. The speaker was Lady Weston. Her tone is sarcastic by saying these words to her husband as she was already aware by his over cautious nature and previous senseless fears. She told her husband that message was not a threat for him as he was not that eminent personality to be killed by such planning. She calmed him down and told him to not to make a big deal about it.
Rate this question :