Q. 13.7( 3 Votes )
Answer the questions given below the extracts.
"What is the date to-day? Roger, I said what day of the month is it?"
1. Who is the speaker?
2. Why is the speaker keen to know what day it was?
3. What impact does the day and date refer to have on the speaker?
1. The speaker is Lord Weston who is asking his secretary Roger about the date of that morning.
2. As the speaker reads the message of his death threat which was written as ‘Remember Caesar’, he knows the date of Julius Caesar’s assassination so as he thinks that his enemies are going to kill him on the same date as Caesar so he wants to confirm the date of that day.
3. When Roger told him the date of that day which is same as the date of Caesar killing, he is shocked and lost in terror of being killed by the person who left that note in his pocket. Immediately he ordered Roger to take all the necessary precautions to protect him at any cost.
Rate this question :