Q. 14.2( 5 Votes )
India has a long coastline which is advantageous. Explain
Coastline is an area where land meets the sea or ocean. It forms the boundary between the land and the ocean or a lake. Indian subcontinent lies in the Indian Ocean.
It has a coastline of about 7,500km with the Arabian Sea on the west side and bay of Bengal on the eastern side.
Having such a long coastline gives huge advantages to India:
• It facilitates India to trade with the other parts of the world.
• It implies good tourism potential states like Goa, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Kerala. They have some of the most beautiful beaches.
• Sea transport is one of the cheapest transports. So, India having a large coastline gives way to a number of sea transports. It implies a low cost of imports and exports.
• Southwest monsoon in India that is brought by the Indian ocean helps in thriving agriculture.
• Access to the Indian Ocean helps India to facilitate one of the largest fishing industry in the world.
• Mineral resources are extracted out of the seas and ocean to fulfil needs of the Indian population.
These serve as some of the main reasons why Indian coastline is advantageous.
Rate this question :