Q. 34.3( 3 Votes )
Give the importan
The soil is one of the most critical natural resources.
1. It serves as a medium for the growth of trees which provide oxygen for the survival of human beings.
2. It is also home to many microorganisms, insects and other organisms.
3. It forms the natural filtration unit for rainwater, making groundwater pure.
4. It’s a store of minerals.
5. Various soils are used as raw materials- clayey soil is used to make utensils.
The soil is formed by a process called weathering. This can be a physical, chemical or biological process.
1. Physical Weathering: this is when two rocks collide against each other, or temperature changes cause soil formation.
2. Chemical Weathering: here, rocks with minerals within them react with the air, water or chemicals and breakdown to the soil.
3. Biological Weathering: when animals make a burrow that results in bringing air and water into the rocks, trees growing roots over rocks causing cracks, etc. are some ways soil is formed.
Rate this question :