(i)Trade winds (c) Permanent wind
These winds blow constantly throughout the year in a particular direction.
(ii) Loo (d) Local wind
These blow only during a particular period of the day or year in a small area.
(iii) Monsoon (a) Seasonal
The monsoon winds carry clouds that cause rains in the monsoon season. This is why monsoon winds are seasonal winds.
(iv) Wind (b) Horizontal movement of air
When the air moves horizontally from high pressure to low pressure, winds blow.
Rate this question :
Make a weather calendar for one weak. Use pictures or symbols to show different types of weather. You can use more than one symbol in a day, If the weather changes. For example, the sun comes out when rain stops. An example is given below:
NCERT Our Environment
Match the following:
Tick the correct Answer.
When precipitation comes down to the earth in the liquid form, it is called
(c) SnowNCERT Our Environment
Solve this crossword puzzle with the help of given clues:
6. An Indian tree having extraordinary quality of providing oxygen round the clock
8. Gas present in atmosphere occupying only 0.03% by volume
11. Outermost layer of atmosphere
12. Mixture of many gases
14. Life giving gas
15. Air in motion
16. An Indian tree valued highly for medicinal properties
18. Gas protecting us from harmful sunrays
19. Low pressure area
1. Amount of water vapor in air
2. Condensation of water vapors around
dust particles in atmosphere
3. Example of local wind blowing in summer in northern India
4. Short term changes in atmosphere
5. Precipitation in liquid form
7. Blanket of air around the earth
9. Instrument to measure pressure
10. Incoming solar radiation
13. Reduces visibility in winters
17. It is ....... time when sun is overheadNCERT Our Environment
What is air pressure?NCERT Our Environment
Name three types of rainfall?NCERT Our Environment
What is weather?NCERT Our Environment
Amount of insolation decreases from equator towards poles?NCERT Our Environment