What is another n
1. Black soil is called so because of its black colour.
2. It is also known as regur soil.
3. They are formed by lava balastic rocks.
4. The black soil consists of a large amount of clay. It also contains iron oxide, lime and magnesium carbonates in a small amount.
3. It is also known as black cotton soil since it is good for growing cotton because of its capacity to retain water.
4. Black soil is found in the northwest Deccan plateau region and is spread over the plateaus of Maharashtra, Saurashtra, Malwa, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
5. Black soil also covers parts of south-east direction along the Godavari and the Krishna valleys.
Rate this question :