Q. 3 F4.2( 21 Votes )
Answer the follow
Activity: To show that sound requires a material medium for its propagation
Materials Required: A glass jar fitted with cork and a hole at bottom, electrical connection, electronic bell, vacuum pump
● Make a hole in the cork and make the connections to the electric bell with a switch.
● Make sure the bell is inside the jar and close the jar with the cork.
● At the bottom connect the jar with vacuum pump.
● Now switch on the electric bell. The sound of the bell will come out.
● Now switch on the vacuum pump which will suck the air inside the jar.
● It is observed that the sound of the bell fades gradually and ultimately the sound will not come.
Rate this question :