1. It is believed by the historians that Gandhara art, developed in northwestern part of present day Pakistan and eastern Afghanistan between the 1st century BCE and the 7th century CE.
2. Kushan dynasty encouraged the style, of Greco-Roman origin,
3. The Gandhara Region was the central points of cultural contacts from ancient period.
4. Emperor Ashoka send Buddhist missionary activity which made to establish good relations and cultural exchange between India and the west-romans.
5. Even Kushans encouraged the Gandhara Art in 1st century CE
6. The materials used for Gandhara sculpture were green phyllite and gray-blue mica schist which in general, belong to an earlier phase, and stucco, which was used increasingly after the 3rd century CE.
Rate this question :
Ashok has been naKarnataka Board - History
Collect informatiKarnataka Board - History
Which dynasty didKarnataka Board - History
Name the importanKarnataka Board - History
Describe Ashoka’sKarnataka Board - History