Q. 74.7( 15 Votes )
How do you verify
Aim: To obtain the relation between angle of incidence and angle of refraction.
Materials Required: A plank, white chart paper, protector, semicircular glass disc, pencil, laser light.
1. Take a wooden plank covered with white chart paper and draw two perpendicular lines passing through center as shown in figure.
2. Mark one line as NN which is perpendicular to the other line MM. Let O be the point of intersection of both lines.
3. Take protector and place it along NN and then mark the angles from 0o to 90o on both sides of NN as shown in figure.
4. Now place the semicircular glass disc such that the diameter coincides with the MM and center coincides with the O.
5. Send the laser light along line which makes an angle of 20o with NN. Measure its corresponding angle of refraction.
6. Repeat the procedure for 30o, 40o, 50o and 60o.
Observation: If we calculate the ratio of the sine of angle of incidence and sine of angle of reflection than it will come out to be constant.
Result: Ratio of sine of angle of incidence and angle of refraction is constant.
Rate this question :
Explain the phenoAP - Physics & Chemistry
<span lang="EN-USAP - Physics & Chemistry
Explain the refraAP - Physics & Chemistry
Place an object oAP - Physics & Chemistry
Explain the formaAP - Physics & Chemistry
How do you apprecAP - Physics & Chemistry