JEE Mains 2020 Exam Day Instructions: Reporting Time, COVID-19 Guidelines, Important Documents
The IIT JEE Main 2020 exam will be conducted in 2 shifts daily. The number of shifts has been increased from 8 to 12 for smooth conduction of exam amid the COVID situation.
JEE Mains 2020 Instructions: D-Day is finally approaching, amid all the uncertainties and speculations JEE is going to be conducted between 1-6 September. NTA released JEE Main admit card on 17th August confirming the non-postponement of the exam any further. Recently, NTA released a notice for important COVID-19 guidelines & JEE Main rules that a student needs to be aware of before going to the exam centre.
Below we have briefed you about the COVID-19 advisory, documents you must carry, reporting time of different shifts and safety measures that NTA mentioned in the released JEE Mains 2020 guidelines notice.
The IIT JEE Main 2020 exam will be conducted in 2 shifts daily. The number of shifts has been increased from 8 to 12 for smooth conduction of exam amid the COVID situation. Various other precautionary measures are also taken keeping in mind the safety of students and to practice social distancing at the exam centre.
IIT JEE Main Instructions 2020 & COVID-19 Guidelines
JEE Main Exam Timing & Slot Details
9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
2:30 PM - 5:30 PM
7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
IIT JEE Main Exam Day Instructions
- Candidates must reach the centre as mentioned against reporting time in the admit card.
- Candidates should carry the following items to the exam centre
- JEE Main Admit Card along with self-declaration form regarding COVID 19.
- Transparent ballpoint pen
- Additional current photograph
- Personal hand sanitizer
- Water Bottle if necessary(should be transparent)
- 1 Valid ID proof
- For the Drawing test (B.arch examination), candidates should carry a pencil box and other required equipment.
- Candidates should not take any electronic devices or any prohibited items listed in the information bulletin.
- If candidates require to wear specific clothes as per religion/custom, they should reach the centre early for thorough checking.
COVID-19 Advisory: Precautionary Measures & Safety Guidelines
- Candidates should reach centre as per reporting time to avoid crowding at the exam centre and for practicing social distancing as per guidelines of GOI
- Candidates should follow the 6-feet rule at the exam centre all the time.
- Lab Number will not be displayed outside the exam centre to avoid crowding, it will be allotted using QR code on the admit card.
- Candidates will have to wash their hands with soap and with hand sanitizer at the entry.
- Hand sanitizers will be made available inside the centre at various places for staff and students to use.
- Exam invigilators and staff will wear gloves for practicing hygiene.
- Candidates will be offered a fresh 3 Ply mask before entry. To stop chances of any UFM being used in the examination, the candidate is expected to wear the freshly provided mask at the centre. The candidate will be required to remove the mask worn by him/her from home and use the mask provided at the centre only.
You can read all the important JEE Main rules and COVID-19 safety guidelines by clicking here
Also Read: JEE Main January 2020 Paper Analysis
Take note of all the above-mentioned points and focus on giving your best shot despite the unfavoured conditions. Practice giving mocks while wearing a mask to experience the exact exam conditions for better concentration in the exam hall. Stay safe and follow all the precautionary guidelines.
All the best
Go Ahead, Goprep