Q. 45.0( 1 Vote )
You may be living in a very small town, may be in a very big city, a semi urban settlement or a village.
• Describe the place where you live.
• What are the features, which make you think it is a town and not a city, a village and not a town, or a city and not a village?
• Is there any factory where you live?
• Is agriculture the main job that people do?
♦ Is it the occupational nature that has a determining influence?
♦ Is it the buildings?
♦ Is it the availability of educational opportunities?
♦ Is it the way people live and behave?
♦ Is it the way people talk and dress?
• I live in Ghaziabad, Delhi NCR.
• It is a city. The features that make it so are –
It has large number of population
It has a population composed of people from various cultural backgrounds
The residents have a broad mind set
It is well connected with transport system
It is all the modernised facilities in terms of Medical and education
• There are large no. of industries in Ghaziabad.
• No, agriculture is not the main job here
♦ All of the above mentioned things influence the city
Rate this question :
Differentiate the sociological and economic perspective of the market.
How did the advent of colonialism in India produce a major upheaval in the economy?Sociology - Board Papers
Which cities were developed by the British in India and why?Sociology - Board Papers