Q. 174.3( 9 Votes )
Write the merits of electoral competition?
The merits of electoral competition are:
1. Without competition, the election would become meaningless. If there are no competitors, then there would be assurance of winning the election by the single party. The competition in election holds the contestants accountable.
2. The competition in the election also increases the voter’s knowledge of the representation.
3. The competition keeps the political leaders motivated to work for the upliftment of the society and country.
4. Winning in an election also acts as a reward for the leaders who work for the people. The one who works efficiently is reflected by the citizens.
5. This competition compels the leaders to raise the issues of people as this would increase their popularity and helps them in winning the election.
6. There is a fear among the competitors that if they do not work for the people, then their rival would win the election.
Rate this question :