Q. 164.0( 5 Votes )
Write the main ch
The thorn forests and shrubs are the regions in which the natural vegetation consists of thorny trees and bushes.
1. This kind of vegetation is found in the north-western part of the country including semi-arid areas of Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh and Haryana.
2. Acacias, palms, euphorbias and cacti are the main plant species.
3. The stems are succulent to conserve
4. Leaves are mostly thick, and small to minimise evaporation.
5. Trees are scattered, and have long roots penetrating deep into the soil in order to get moisture.
Rate this question :
Find some trees iNCERT Geography - Contemporary India I