Functions of bone:
● The complete framework of the body is formed of bone which provides support to the complete body.
● It provides anchorage to the muscles and support to the organs.
● Bones also help in the movement.
Functions of cartilage:
● It smoothens the bone surfaces at joints like in tip of nose, ears.
● It is not very much rigid as bones and not very much elastic like muscles. It is flexible to some extent and is present where littlie flexibility is required.
For example – Cartilages are present in between vertebral column.
Rate this question :
What is the number of blood platelets?Dr. P.S. Verma & Dr. V.K. Agarwal - Biology
What is RBC count of normal humans?Dr. P.S. Verma & Dr. V.K. Agarwal - Biology
How are two bones attached to each other?All In One - Science
A person is carrying a heavy weight. He got tired and removed the weight to relax his muscles. Which tissues are involved in this case?All In One - Science
Nodes of Ranvier occur in ....Dr. P.S. Verma & Dr. V.K. Agarwal - Biology