Q. 2 A4.1( 17 Votes )
Write on the spec
The cities of Harappa were discovered buried under the soil across the Sindh valley region of Punjab. These cities are around 4600 years old. The special features of these Harappan civilization are:
1. The cities were mainly comprised of two or more parts.
2. These two are the western and the eastern part.
3. The western part is at an elevated level and it is narrow.
4. The eastern part, on the contrary, is wide and is at a lower level.
5. The eastern part is called the lower town.
6. People lived in the eastern part. These house were systematically designed and well -constructed.
7. Both the eastern and western part had strong walls constructed out of huge bricks.
8. Cities like Mohenjo-Daro, Kalibangan and Lothal are noteworthy.
9. Mohenjo-Daro is known for its Great Bath while Kalibangan and Lothal are famous for fire alters. Lothal had good granaries too.
The Harappan civilization is said to be an ancient civilization of India.
Rate this question :
How was the naturKarnataka Board - History
Name the professiKarnataka Board - History
Prepare a plan ofKarnataka Board - History
Read few storiesKarnataka Board - History
Write on the specKarnataka Board - History