Waste management means disposal of garbage. The garbage is managed so as to avoid its adverse effect on the environment. Waste management includes collection, transportation and disposal of garbage, sewage and other waste products.
Some methods of waste management are:
1. Composting: The process of converting plant and animal waste material into manure by rotting is called composting.
2. Incerination: The main purpose of bio-medical waste disposal is to reduce waste hazards. Incineration is a process in waste is treated by burning at high temperature. It is the best method as it reduces the volume of the waste as well as destroys pathogens.
3. Recycling: Recycling means that we should collect and separate the used and discarded items made of paper, plastics, glass and metal objects.
4. Chemical reaction: Many products can be chemically destroyed and then reused in some other manner.
5. Landfill: Landfill is a low-lying area of ground where the garbage collected from the city is dumped.
Rate this question :
What will you doRajasthan Board Science
What is the use oRajasthan Board Science
Bio manure can beRajasthan Board Science
Explain waste manRajasthan Board Science
Which technique iRajasthan Board Science
Recycling is bestRajasthan Board Science
Write notes on waRajasthan Board Science
What do you meanRajasthan Board Science
What is vermicompRajasthan Board Science
How bio gas is prRajasthan Board Science