Q. 125.0( 4 Votes )
Write down symptoms of sick animals. Discuss any two diseases of cattle.
● Obvious pain or discomfort (difficulty jumping, reluctance to climb stairs, cries when being picked up)
● Loss of appetite.
● Increased thirst (often a sign of diabetes)
● Unexplained changes in weight.
● Bad breath.
● Diarrhea or changes in litter contents, urinating outside the box.
● Cattle with tuberculosis often become very thin over time
● People can get TB from cattle by drinking infected milk
● You should have your herd tested for TB every year by your state veterinarian. This involves a skin test
● Animals testing positive are given a T brand on the left side of the neck
● Cattle measles is a stage of
● a tapeworm in cattle. When
● people eat infected meat which
● is undercooked, they develop tapeworms in the gut
● Cattle are infected when they pick up tapeworm eggs when grazing on pastures which are polluted because of unhygienic toilet practices by infected people
● Infected cattle do not look sick and measles can only be seen in the meat at slaughter
Rate this question :
Give one example each of kharif and rabi crops.Dr. P.S. Verma & Dr. V.K. Agarwal - Biology
Cattle husbandry is done for the following purposes
(i) Milk Production (ii) Agricultural work
(iii) Meat production (iv) Egg productionNCERT Science - Exemplar
Name one bacteria and one viral disease of poultry respectively.Dr. P.S. Verma & Dr. V.K. Agarwal - Biology
What is artificial insemination? Give its uses.Dr. P.S. Verma & Dr. V.K. Agarwal - Biology