Q. 255.0( 5 Votes )
Write Dalton’s at
Dalton’s atomic theory was introduced in 1808. The main postulates are:
1. Each substance is made of very small particles called atoms.
2. Atoms are indivisible particles. In other words, atoms are the fundamental building blocks of matter.
3. The atoms of same element are same in mass, size and chemical properties.
4. The atoms of different elements differ in mass, size and chemical properties.
5. Atoms of different elements combine with each other in definite proportions to form compounds. This is also called Law of definite proportions.
6. In chemical reactions, atoms can reshuffle to form new molecules, but they cannot be created or destroyed in a reaction.
Rate this question :