Q. 45.0( 1 Vote )
Write any four features of the right to equality as a fundamental right?
Article 14 to 18 of the Constitution grants the right to equality to the citizens of India.
1. Art 14: equality before the law: It states that every citizen residing within the territory of India must not be denied equality before the law.
2. Art 15: prohibition of discrimination on the grounds of religion, race, caste, sex or place of birth: The State shall not discriminate against any citizen on grounds only of religion, race, caste, sex, place of birth or any of them.
3. Art 16: equality of opportunity in matters of employment; there shall be equality of opportunity for all citizens in matters relating to employment or appointment to any office under the State.
4. Art 17: abolition of untouchability: Untouchability” is abolished and its practice in any form is forbidden
5. Art 18: abolition of titles: No title, not being a military or academic distinction, shall be conferred by the State.
Rate this question :
Draw a web interconnecting different rights discussed in this chapter. For example, right to freedom of movement is connected to the freedom of occupation. One reason for this is that freedom of movement enables a person to got to place of work within one's village or city or to another village, city or state. Similarly this right can be used for pilgrimage, connected with freedom to follow one's religion. Draw a circle for each right and mark arrows that show connection between or among different rights. For each arrow, give an example that shows the linkage.NCERT Political Science - Democratic Politics I
Thousands of tribals and other forest dwellers gathered at Piparia in Hoshangabad district in Madhya Pradesh to protest against their proposed displacement from the Satpura National Park, Bori Wildlife Sanctuary and Panchmarhi Wildlife Sanctuary. They argue that such a displacement is an attack on their livelihood and beliefs. Government claims that their displacement is essential for the development of the area and for protection of wildlife. Write a petition on behalf of the forest dwellers to the NHRC, a response from the government and a report of the NHRC on this matter.NCERT Political Science - Democratic Politics I