Write an essay on the strengths and weakness of Muhammad bin Tughlaq as a ruler.
Strengths of Muhammad bin Tughlaq:
1. He defeated the Mongol army when it attacked during his early reign.
2. He was the first Delhi Sultan to plan an offensive against Mongols.
3. He was not hesitant to employ radical administrative measures.
Weaknesses of Muhammad bin Tughlaq:
1. His radical administrative measures liking shifting capital to Daulatabad and introducing token currency failed miserably.
2. To feed a large number of soldiers, he levied extra taxes when famine spread across the land.
3. His campaign into Kashmir as an offensive also failed.
Rate this question :