Q. 74.2( 5 Votes )
Write an essay on crop protection management.
Crop protection is the science and practice of managing plant diseases, weeds and other pests (both vertebrate and invertebrate)that damage agricultural crops and forestry. Agricultural crops include field crops (maize, wheat, rice, etc.), vegetable crops (potatoes, cabbages, etc.) and fruits. The crops in field are exposed to many factor. The crop plants may be damaged by insects, birds, rodents, bacteria, etc.
The management of crop protection includes
● Pesticide-based approaches such as herbicides, insecticides and fungicides.
● Biological pest control approaches such as cover crops, trap crops and beetle banks.
● Barrier-based approaches such as agrotextiles and bird netting.
● Animal psychology-based approaches such as bird scarers.
● Biotechnology-based approaches such as plant breeding and genetic modification.
Rate this question :
Mention one advantage of crop rotation.Dr. P.S. Verma & Dr. V.K. Agarwal - Biology
Give name of a solid fumigant.Dr. P.S. Verma & Dr. V.K. Agarwal - Biology
Define manure. What are different manures and how do they affect the soil?Dr. P.S. Verma & Dr. V.K. Agarwal - Biology
For proper storage of grains what is the ideal moisture content of grains?Dr. P.S. Verma & Dr. V.K. Agarwal - Biology
Discuss various methods for weed control.NCERT Science - Exemplar