Q. 45.0( 1 Vote )
Write an essay on ‘Anuvrat Andolan’.
HISTORY: Anuvrat Andolan was started by JAIN TERAPANTHI DHARMASANGH under the leadership of Acharya Shri Tulsi, the 9th Acharya of Jain Paigambar Terapanth Sampradaya in 1949. In the wake of independence in 1947, Acharya ji was deeply saddened by lack of morality among people and the spread of social evils in the society. Partition had led to bloody riots and people were exploiting their freedom by indulging in unfair market practices. Acharya ji thought that the sacrifice made by the lakhs of freedom fighters would be wasted if we continued indulging in such inhuman practices.
Accordingly, he established the Anuvrat Andolan- a group of 75 rules than any Anuvrati must follow.
COMPOSITION: Anuvrat Andolan was open to people of religion, castes and cultures. Several prominent leaders, including Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru and Dr. Rajendra Prasad embraced Anuvrati.
TEACHINGS: Anuvrat was a form of HUMAN RELIGION or MANAVDHARMA. It was a purely non-violent movement, aimed to promote the welfare of human beings. It has several rules and teachings. These include:
1. NON-VIOLENCE : Followers of Anuvrat shall not kill innocent animals, commit suicide or kill children in womb. Nor shall they attack anyone or support a hostile policy. They must promote world peace and universal disarmament.
2. EQUALITY: An Anuvrati shall not discriminate anyoneon the basis of caste, gender, religion, colour etc. He shall not practice untouchability.
3. BUSINESS ETHIC: Anuvratis shall not cause loss to anyone for personal gain, nor indulge in deceptive behaviour.
4. SOCIAL RESPONSIBILTY: Anuvrati shall not indulge in any social evil, nor try to harm the election machinery.
5. An Anuvrati shall refrain from alcohol and drug consumption
6. An Anuvrati shall be aware of problems of pollution. She shall not cut trees or consume electricity unnecessarily.
Millions of followers of Anuvrat are spreading the message of peaceful co-existence and brotherhood around the world.
Rate this question :
Childhood name of Swami Dayanand Saraswati was-Rajasthan Board - Social Science
Pioneer of Anuvrat was-Rajasthan Board - Social Science
State about social reforms done by Brahma Samaj.Rajasthan Board - Social Science
When was law against Satipratha passed?Rajasthan Board - Social Science
Describe about role of Swami Dayanand Saraswati in National Movement.Rajasthan Board - Social Science
Who established Arya Samaj?Rajasthan Board - Social Science
Describe about contribution of Swami Vivekananda in Indian, religion and National Movements.Rajasthan Board - Social Science
Who established ‘Adi Brahma Samaj’?Rajasthan Board - Social Science
Write an essay on ‘Anuvrat Andolan’.Rajasthan Board - Social Science
Write about main causes of Indian Renaissance in 19th A. D.Rajasthan Board - Social Science