Q. 34.5( 2 Votes )
Write an article
The ancient way of teaching was the oral learning where the knowledge was passed from one generation to another orally. But when the Britishers ruled India, they introduced western education and also the advancement of technology helped to make this process a success. It is true that Western education has changed our lives in the many ways which are:
• It is from the western education we have learned that there is nothing called Gender discrimination. Men and women everyone is the same when it comes to economy, administration, politics, society, etc.
• It also helped us to know about the viewpoint of other countries on the particular topic and opened our mind to learn with the perspective of others.
• It made us believe that our history has always been pure and was without any differences in any field. There was nothing called as the caste system. It is us as humans made these concepts of caste, creed and colour.
• It is because of the western education that we have adopted some successful methods to make our country powerful such as introduced the five-year plan to make our country economically stable, introduce the concept of democracy and election to manage the country, etc.
• It modernized our thoughts, taught us about equality and discipline that every human should possess.
Negatively, the western education which is the viewpoint of the westerners tried to dominate by subjugating our tradition, culture and our way of delivering education to the generation.
Rate this question :