Q. 2 C4.3( 10 Votes )
Write about the Ellora temple.
1. Kailashnath temple is one of the largest rock-cut ancient Hindu temples at Ellora (Maharashtra).
2. It is megalith carved out of one single rock.
3. The building of Ellora temple was patronized by the Rashtrakutas.
4. The entire Kailashnath temple at Ellora was carved out of one stone under the rule of Krishna I.
5. The rock out of which it was carved was 100 feet high, 276 feet long and 154 feet wide.
6. The temple is famous worldwide and is considered an architectural wonder.
Rate this question :
Collect pictures of Manyakheta.Karnataka Board - History
Share from the experiences of students or teachers who have visited temples of the Rashtrakuta period.Karnataka Board - History
Write about the educational system under the Rashtrakutas.Karnataka Board - History
Write about the Ellora temple.Karnataka Board - History
How was the administrative system of the Rashtrakutas?Karnataka Board - History
Write an essay on the life of Basavanna.Karnataka Board - History
Fill in the blanks:
The most famous king among the Kalyana Chalukyas was ___________.Karnataka Board - History
Discuss on Ellora in peer groups and write an essay on it.Karnataka Board - History
Go on a trip to Manyakheta or Ellora.Karnataka Board - History
How did the Kalyan Chalukyas encourage literature?Karnataka Board - History