Q. 33.8( 14 Votes )
Write a short note on various causes of two World Wars. Do you think any of these features are prevalent even today in countries around the world? How?
Even though there were many immediate causes for the two World Wars, there were many other causes that contributed to this. Some of these causes are mentioned below:
1. The immediate provocation for World War 1 was the murder on 28th June 1914 of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria by a Serbian fanatic.
2. Austria immediately declared War on Serbia.
3. Serbia was with allied Powers like UK, France, and Russia. The Austrian attack on it made these allied powers to come to Serbia's rescue.
4. Austria was allied with central powers like Germany and Italy. This marked the beginning of World War I.
5. The immediate cause for World War II was Hitler’s invasion of Poland as punishment for refusing to hand over the port of Danzig to Germany.
6. Aggressive nationalism, imperialism, militarism, secret alliances and ideological failure of the league of nations were also major factors that led to the foundation of world wars.
7. After the first world war, these causes continued to lead the way to the second world war. Other causes include dissatisfaction of Germany with the legacy of World War I.
8. A large industrial complex had come into function which promoted the idea of wars between countries as the only solution to conflicts.
9. Most of these causes are prevalent to the current situation as well. The nationalism in its extreme form can often infuse the feeling of superiority over other nation. This can create pride in oneself and hatred towards other.
Rate this question :
What challenges were faced by Germany during the Great Depression and how did Nazi rulers and Hitler make use of it?Telangana Board - Social Science
List the measures taken under the idea of welfare state under Great Depression and explain how similar or different they are from that of the reforms that emerged under the USSR?Telangana Board - Social Science
Read the para 1 of page 169 i.e; “This started a great experiment ......... language, etc” and write your opinion on it.Telangana Board - Social Science
Russian revolution brought in many changes in their society. What were they? And at challenges did they face?Telangana Board - Social Science
How did the idea of nation states and nationalism influence desire for war during World Wars?Telangana Board - Social Science
Compare different points of view about the Great Depression, which one would you agree? Why?Telangana Board - Social Science
In what ways were Jews persecuted during Nazi Germany? Do you think in every country some people are differentiated because of their identity?Telangana Board - Social Science
Locate the following in the map of the world.
i) Germany ii) Italy iii) Austria iv) U.S.A. v) China vi) Russia vii) BritainTelangana Board - Social Science