Write a short note on Narmada Bachao Andolan.
Narmada Bachao Andolan is also called Save Narmada Movement.
1. This mass movement was led by many environmentalists and human right activists.
2. The movement was launched against the construction of Sardar Sarovar dam across river Narmada.
3. There was active participation of the local tribes and farmers.
4. The construction of the dam was opposed in order to save trees from being cut.
5. The livelihood of many local tribes would be affected because of the construction.
6. There was a need for the full rehabilitation of the displaced people.
Thus, the construction of dams has also been the cause of many social movements.
Rate this question :
Why is there a need to develop a rainwater harvesting system in India? Explain.Social Science - Board Papers
Mentions two merits of tankas.All In One - Geography
Why is water availability per person low in India?All In One - Geography
According to citizen’s Fifth report CSE 1999, which two rivers are far from being pure?All In One - Geography