Write a short note on budgetary control as a technique of managerial control.
Budgetary control is a method of controlling that involves the preparation of plants in the form of a budget. Budget is the financial statement that defines the targets to be achieved and the policies to be followed during a specific duration of time. The actual performance is compared with a budgetary standard. If there is any deviation, measures are taken for the same. Budgetary control acts as a technique of controlling in the following manner:
● Budget is made for different divisions of the organizations at such as sales budget, purchase budget and production budget.
● It is a source of motivation for the employees to measure the performance against the budgetary standard.
● It also helps to bring about coordination in the organisation.
● It also helps to ensure that the resources are allocated to different divisions as per the requirement. It helps to use the resources in the most optimum way.
● It focuses on time and specific bound targets.
Rate this question :
Write a short note on budgetary control as a technique of managerial control.NCERT - Business Studies Part-I
Give any two standards that can be used by a company to evaluate the performance of its Finance & Accounting department.NCERT - Business Studies Part-I
Mr.Arfaaz had been heading the production department of Write well Products Ltd., a firm manufacturing stationary items. The firm secured an export order that had to be completed on a priority basis and production targets were defined for all the employees. One of the workers, Mr.Bhanu Prasad, fell short of his daily production target by 10 units for two days consecutively. Mr.Arfaaz approached MsVasundhara, the CEO of the Company, to file a complaint against MrBhanu Prasad and requested her to terminate his services. Explain the principle of management control that MsVasundhara should consider while making her decision. (Hint: Management by exception).NCERT - Business Studies Part-I
Explain how management audit serves as an effective technique of control.NCERT - Business Studies Part-I
‘An effort to control everything may end up in controlling nothing.’ Explain.NCERT - Business Studies Part-I
Name the principle that a manager should consider while dealing with deviations effectively.NCERT - Business Studies Part-I