Q. 24.0( 4 Votes )
Write a short not
The movement of Birsa Munda:
1. He wanted to remove everything that exploited and manipulated the tribe and its resources- missionaries, Hindu landlords, moneylenders and the British government.
2. The people wanted to set a Munda Raj with Birsa as the head.
3. As the movement started to gain influence, British jailed Birsa for two years. However, he continued the mobilization after getting released.
4. They attacked anything that represented diku or the British like police stations and churches. Birsa used the native language and symbols to bring together people.
5. The white flag was raised to symbolize Birsa Raj.
6. After Birsa’s death because of Cholera, the movement faded. However, it left a deep mark.
Rate this question :