Q. 55.0( 2 Votes )
Write a sho
• Beti Bachao Beti padhao was a scheme introduced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
• It is a collaborative scheme by the Ministry of women and child development, Ministry of Human Resource Development and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
• Its aim is to save the girl child and educate them all over the country.
• It was inaugurated in Panipat on 22nd of January, 2015.
• It was initiated in Haryana due to the very low female sex ratio-775/1000.
• It was later applied in a hundred districts all over the country.
Aims of the scheme:
This scheme has a three-fold aim:
• Women and child development
• Human resource development
• Health, and Family Welfare.
Reasons for initiating the scheme:
• The child sex ratio census data for 0 to 6 years was 933 girls per 1000 boys in 2001.
• It was later reduced to 918 girls for every 1000 boys in 2011.
• According to UNICEF data in 2012, India ranked 41 amongst 195 countries in this term.
• The abortion of female foeticide led to discrimination against girl infants.
Difficulties in implementation of the scheme:
• The orthodox mindset of the people that have continued to remain the same even after the spread of awareness through numerous campaigns.
• The government machinery has not been able to take the women's atrocities seriously.
• The lack of civic body support to achieve the objectives of the scheme.
• The dowry system, social abuses, domestic violence, and child marriage.
Rate this question :
Answer the followNCERT - India-People And Economy