Q. 225.0( 5 Votes )
Write a note on the changing nature of international trade in the last fifteen years.
International trade is defined as the exchange of goods and services between two or more nations. International trade has experienced a huge change in the past 15 years. Along with the exchange of goods and services exchange of knowledge has superseded our nation. India has emerged as a software giant at the international level and it is earning huge foreign exchange through the export of information technology. The economic prosperity of a country is evaluated on the basis of the advancement of international trade of the nation. It is, therefore, considered the economic barometer for a country. Income from International trade constitutes a huge share in economic development.
● agricultural and allied products-2.53%
● ores and minerals-9.12%
● gems and jewellery-26.75%
● chemical and allied products-24.45%
● engineering goods-35.63%
● petroleum products-86.12%
● petroleum and petroleum products-41.87%
● pearls and precious stones-29.26%
● inorganic chemicals-29.39%
● coal, coke and briquettes-94.17%
● machinery- 12.56%
● Bulk imports include fertilisers-67%, cereals-25.23%, edible oils-7.94% and newsprint-5.51. India has trade relations with all the major trading blocks and all geographical regions of the world.
Rate this question :
Examine with an example the role of means of transport and communication in making our life prosperous and comfortable.Social Science - Board Papers
Outline the values that mean of transport and communication help in developing among; people of a nation.Social Science - Board Papers
Classify communication services into two categories. Explain main features of each.Social Science - Board Papers
Mention the six mail channels introduced recently to facilitate quick delivery of mails.Social Science - Board Papers