Q. 5 C5.0( 2 Votes )

Write a note on S

Answer :

The following points will allow you to have an idea about the sugar industries of India-

a. The Sugar industries of India ranks second amongst the largest agro based industry in India which are located near its area of cultivation as sugarcane is a weight loosing agricultural product which cannot be stored for a longer period of time because of its inability to contain sucrose in it for a long period due tow which It cannot be transported very far.


b. Sugar harvesting is done in a particular season because of its constraints, their crushing too is to be done in a limited time period due to which its factories do not function throughout the year.


c. Uttar Pradesh and Bihar (popularly known as the ‘sugar bowl of India’) contributes about 70% of the country’s total production of sugar. Other states like Punjab, Haryana, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu also produces sugar with Nellikupam, Pugalur, Coimbatore and Pandyarajapuram as popular places in Tamil Nadu for sugar production.


d. The Government too has played its role by introducing a dual price system for internal sugar trade with every sugar mill giving up 40% of its production to the Government at a fixed price which It sells through Public Distortion System with the rest of 60% sold in the open market at a higher price.


Rate this question :

How useful is this solution?
We strive to provide quality solutions. Please rate us to serve you better.
Related Videos
Lifelines of National Economy + Manufacturing Industries RevisionLifelines of National Economy + Manufacturing Industries RevisionLifelines of National Economy + Manufacturing Industries Revision47 mins
Try our Mini CourseMaster Important Topics in 7 DaysLearn from IITians, NITians, Doctors & Academic Experts
Dedicated counsellor for each student
24X7 Doubt Resolution
Daily Report Card
Detailed Performance Evaluation
caricature
view all courses
RELATED QUESTIONS :

Match the followiTamil Nadu Board - Geography

Name the factors Tamil Nadu Board - Geography

Agro based and MiTamil Nadu Board - Geography

Name any five sofTamil Nadu Board - Geography

What are the byprTamil Nadu Board - Geography

Chota Nagpur PlatTamil Nadu Board - Geography

Manchester of IndTamil Nadu Board - Geography

the city known asTamil Nadu Board - Geography

Describe the factTamil Nadu Board - Geography

Define manufacturTamil Nadu Board - Geography