Write a not
A secular state is a state in which the state does not promote any one religion as the state religion. All the people of different religion are treated with the same level of dignity and respect. In this case, the constitution plays an extremely important role in laying down the guidelines for the promotion of secularism. It is also the responsibility of this state to ensure that no man is facing discrimination on the basis of religion.
The Indian model of secularism is described below:
1. The constitution of India describes India as a secular state.
2. It prohibits the domination of one religion over the other.
3. In a secular state, the members of one religion do not dominate the members of another religion.
4. The state also does not in force any particular religion on its citizens nor does it take away the freedom to practice any religion from the residents.
5. The schools of the government cannot propagate any religion.
6. However, at times the state makes certain exceptions for some religions to respect their sentiments and religious practices.
7. It also focuses on the prevention of domination of the majority over the minority.
8. The Indian Constitution has also banned untouchability to restrict the discrimination of lower caste.
Rate this question :