Q. 75.0( 2 Votes )
Write 10 Ad
The advantages are as follows:
1. Plastics are poor conductors of electricity which is useful in making switches, cable covering etc.
2. Plastics are insulators in terms of heat conduction and hence they are used for making the handle of various kitchen utensils etc.
3. Plastics do not react with environmental factors like oxygen or moisture and hence do not undergo corrosion.
4. Plastics are quite cheaper as compared to other alternatives.
5. Plastics are easily mouldable into the desired shape.
6. Plastics are insoluble in water and do not react with chemicals.
7. They are light in weight.
8. Plastics are more durable and possess good strength.
9. Plastics possess good shock absorbing capacity.
10. Plastics are unbreakable and odourless.
The disadvantages are as follows:
1. Plastics are not easily biodegradable.
2. Plastics produce toxic fumes when it is burnt.
3. They are bad conductors of heat and are not ductile.
4. They are poor conductors of electricity.
5. Plastics become brittle at low temperatures.
6. Plastic is a major source of environmental pollution and it can also harm the aquatic life when plastics are dumped into the water bodies.
7. Plastics can cause cancer and are harmful to humans.
8. Plastics possess a low melting point and hence the carry bags which are used for carrying hot food, plastic can get mixed with a food item and hence can harm the health of humans. Hence plastic is a slow poison.
9. Plastics are non-renewable resources.
10. Recycling of plastics is an expensive process.
Rate this question :
The plastic whichLakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur - Science
The non-stick coaLakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur - Science
Plastic is used fNCERT - Science Exemplar
A bucket made ofNCERT - Science Exemplar