Q. 214.0( 3 Votes )
Workers are exploited in the unorganized sector. Do you agree with this view? Give reasons in support of your answer.
Yes, we do agree with this view that workers are exploited in the unorganized sector. The following reasons support the answer:
1. In this sector, there are small and scattered units which are out of control of the government. Certain rules and regulations are set up by the government, but none follow the rules. People are compelled to work and not even paid on time.
2. Workers generally have fixed working hours of 10-12 hours. But, they are given fewer wages and are also not paid for the overtime hours.
3. There is no job security, and people can be asked to leave their jobs anytime.
4. Workers do not get any allowances apart from the fixed wages.
5. Usually, they are in heavy debts, and there are no such provisions in their support.
Rate this question :
Name two vulnerable groups in urban goods?Together With Social Science
Workers in unorganised sectors are often exploited and not paid a fair wage. Their jobs are not secure. How is the organised sector better than unorganised sector? What are hindered in the unorganised sector?Together With Social Science
Why is cheap and affordable credit important for the country’s development? Explain
any three reasons.Social Science - Board Papers
Distinguish the service conditions of the organized sector with that of the unorganized sector.Social Science - Board Papers
Choose the correct answer:
Underemployment occurs when people:NCERT - Understanding Economic Development