1830s was of great economic hardship in Europe:
1. There was a high population increase in the first half of the eighteenth century so there was a huge shortage of employment.
2. Many people migrated from the rural areas to the cities and the slums became overcrowded.
3. Small producers of towns could not compete with the cheap machine-made goods of England.
Explanation: The poor were oppressed more and more. Food shortage, job shortage, oppression of aristocracy, competition in production, population increase all contributed to the economic hardship.
Tonkin Free School was started in 1907 in Vietnam because:
1. It wanted to provide a Western education including classes in hygiene and science.
2. French classes were held in the evening that needed to be paid for separately.
3. The school wanted Vietnamese to abandon their tradition and take the modern approach to having short hair.
Explanation: The French wanted to impose their culture on the Vietnamese and make them abandon their culture and customs. Tonkin School was an example of how education was used for the same.
Rate this question :
Why was the decadSocial Science - Board Papers