Q. 494.3( 8 Votes )
Why was Con
The Congress was initially hesitant in including women and giving them a position in the organization. The party members preferred the mere symbolic presence of women over representative presence. Even Gandhiji was convinced that it was the duty of women to look after the house, be a good wife and be a good mother.
1. During the Civil Disobedience, women volunteers participated in marches boycotts and Prabhat pheris.
2. There was immense support from women.
3. Women in large number participated in Dandi march.
4. They took part in March, manufacturing salt and picketed foreign goods.
5. Many of them were even sent to jails.
6. High caste families’ women too supported.
women played an indispensable role in India’s Freedom Struggle. All kind of women ranging from a common person to highly accomplished ladies participated in it. In the background of a conservative society and several limitations, their contribution is immensely commendable.
Rate this question :