Vegetative propagation is a type of asexual reproduction in plants where the offspring formed is due to one parent. Also, the offspring by vegetative propagation is genetically identical to the parent.
It has the following advantages which makes it suitable for growing some types of plants-
• Characteristics of the plant can be preserved.
• Several plants in a short time can be produced quickly by vegetative propagation.
• With the help of vegetative propagation it is possible to propagate plants that have lost the capability to produce viable seeds.
• Only one parent is needed to produce offspring
• The fruit trees grown by vegetative propagation methods start producing fruits earlier.
Rate this question :
<span lang="EN-USScience - Board Papers
When a broken pieLakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur- Biology
Stock and scion aLakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur- Biology
When the branchesLakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur- Biology
The cut part of pLakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur- Biology
The method of aseLakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur- Biology
List two advantagScience - Board Papers
A scientist removLakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur- Biology
Vegetative propagLakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur- Biology