Manufacturing is the Production of goods in large quantities after processing the raw materials into more valuable products.
The manufacturing industry is important for the development of a country.
The manufacturing industry is important because:
• Manufacturing industries help in modernizing agriculture, by producing mechanised equipment that enhances the productivity of the farming sector, which forms the backbone of our economy.
• manufacturing industries also reduce the heavy dependence of people on agricultural income. This becomes possible because of the creation of new jobs in secondary and tertiary sectors.
• Industrial development helps in the eradication of unemployment and poverty, as this industry generates a huge number of informal jobs.
• Export of manufactured goods expands trade and commerce and brings in much needed foreign exchange. This boosts the economy of the nation.
• A country with a high level of manufacturing activities becomes prosperous.
Rate this question :
“The economic strSocial Science - Board Papers
“Agriculture andSocial Science - Board Papers
‘Agriculture’ andSocial Science - Board Papers
Examine the contrSocial Science - Board Papers
“Manufacturing inSocial Science - Board Papers
Why has the ‘NatiSocial Science - Board Papers
Explain with examSocial Science - Board Papers