Q. 115.0( 1 Vote )
Why is public not
Zimbabwe is an African nation, that attained independence from the Whites in 1980.
After its freedom, the country has been ruled by ZANU-PF a political party that also led the freedom struggle against the Whites.
The elections in Zimbabwe is held regularly but only ZANU-PF emerges as the winner after every election.
Robert Mugabe was the President of Zimbabwe since 1987 till 2017.
1. He used unfair practices to win the election
2. He and his government has changed the constitution several times in the past years, to increase more powers of the President.
3. Under his authoritarian regime, the workers of the opposition parties were harassed, and their party meetings were interrupted.
4. Nobody, be it media, could not criticize his government.
5. The court’s judgments were also not followed by him.
This behaviour by the government disappointed the public. The public was not allowed to express themselves. This turned out to be an authoritarian regime, hence undemocratic.
Rate this question :