Q. 105.0( 1 Vote )
Why is it importa
It is important to level the field after ploughing because:
• It helps in breaking/crushing the lumps formed after ploughing.
• It helps to reduce water logging.
• Ploughing creates air spaces and loosens the soil. Levelling it prevents the top layer of soil from being eroded by wind.
• Levelled soil has good water retaining capacity and provides uniform moisture supply to the plants.
• It also helps to prevent excessive evaporation of water.
• The seeds sown are well set into the soil.
Rate this question :