Q. 85.0( 1 Vote )
Why is it difficu
Bacteria are a type of biological cell. They constitute a large domain of prokaryotic microorganisms. Classification seeks to describe the diversity of bacterial species by naming and grouping organisms based on similarities.
There are many reasons why it is difficult to classify bacteria:
• These are microscopic. All bacteria have the same nucleic acid in their body, so those thing are very hard too classify because it was too small and all look petty same for that acid in their body.
• There are limited differences in structure and function.
• they are without well differentiated organs and nucleus
• they sometimes be as heterotrophic and sometimes autotrophic
• The species of bacteria are not stable. They regularly try to adopt into changed environment by changing their genetic material.
• So, it is not possible to easily and stable classification of the bacteria at the species level. We can temporarily classify bacteria below the genus.
Hence now, Bacteria are classified according to their specific shape. There are rod, spiral, corkscrew, and spherical-shaped organisms. While rod-like bacteria are called bacilli, spherical-like bacteria are called cocci.
Rate this question :