Q. 13.8( 5 Votes )
Why is India call
India is a secular state:
• The term secular was added to the Preamble of India by the 42nd Constitutional Amendment Act.
• According to Art 14- The state cannot deny any person equality before the law.
• Art 16- The State cannot discriminate any citizen on the grounds of religion.
• Art 25- All persons have the right to freely profess and propagate any religion.
• There is no national language or religion; every religion is treated equally.
• The Constitution provides freedom to the citizens to profess any religion.
• Constitution prohibits discrimination on the grounds of religion.
• The state can interfere in religious matters if it does not promote equality.
The makers of the Constitution wanted to avoid communalism and hence went for making India a secular nation where all the religion, communities are treated equally.
Rate this question :
Describe any threSocial Science - Board Papers