Q. 24.0( 6 Votes )
Why is food secur
Food Security refers to the availability of food which means producing, storing or importing food within the country. It also implies the accessibility of food to all sections of the society without any barriers and also ensuring the affordability of food. This means that an individual has enough money to buy food.
1. Sometimes people belonging to both Below Poverty Line (BPL) and also above the poverty line might be food insecure due to natural calamities like drought, flood, earthquake etc.,
2. During times of disaster like drought, the production of food grains decreases.
3. There is a shortage of food in the affected areas.
4. Due to this, there is a huge increase in the price of food.
5. Some people cannot afford to buy food.
6. If any disaster gets extended over a long period of time, there is a chance of famine.
Hence, food security is essential in India to ensure equal distribution of food even at times of disaster.
Rate this question :