Q. 83.7( 3 Votes )
Why is educated unemployment a peculiar problem in India?
Educated unemployment is a particular problem which is mainly prevalent in urban areas. Many people who have passed the matriculation, graduation and post-graduation are unable to find employment. The following are the reasons for this unemployment problem:
1. The poor rate of growth in the industrial and service sector.
2. The increase in the unemployed graduates who do not prefer to be self-employed.
3. While certain categories have surplus manpower there is an acute shortage in other areas.
4. Educated youth prefer to go for white collar jobs.
5. Unemployment is witnessed among technically qualified person on one hand while there is the inadequacy of technical skills which is necessary for the economic growth of a country.
Thus, the problem of unemployment increases the economic overload of a country.
Rate this question :