Conservation of minerals is essential because:
1. It is a finite resource as only one percent of the earth’s crust comprises of workable minerals.
2. It is non-renewable because the geological process that leads to its formation is much slower than the rate of consumption today.
Three methods to conserve minerals:
1. Use of mineral resources has to be planned to avoid over-exploitation and contribute to sustainable development.
2. Technology has to be improved in a way that low-grade ores can be used at lower costs.
3. Metals should be recycled and scrap metals and substitutes must be used.
Explanation: Use of minerals is an essential and irreplaceable feature for development in any country. But if not used judiciously, it may exhaust soon.
Rate this question :