Why India is called a federal country?
• The Constitution declares India as a Union of States. It is based on the principles of federalism.
• The Constitution originally provided for a two-tier system of government, the Union government or Central government, representing the Union of India and the State governments.
• A third tier of ‘Panchayati Raj’ or local government was added.
• Th Constitution of India is the lengthiest and the bulkiest constitution in the world.
• The powers are split amongst the three pillars of democracy: the Legislature, the Executive, and the Judiciary.
• The Constitution provides for a bicameral legislature consisting of an Upper House (Rajya Sabha) and a Lower House (Lok Sabha).
Rate this question :
In what ways has the local government deepened our democracy?Together With Social Science
Examine the composition and structure of urban local self-government.Together With Social Science
Discuss the structure and composition of rural local self-government.Together With Social Science