Q. 225.0( 6 Votes )
Why does the poli
Executive is made up of two-
a) Political executive: It is elected by the people for a specified period. It includes the political leaders who take big decisions.
b) Permanent executive or non- political executive: It elects people who are appointed on a long-term basis. This is also called civil service. People who work in civil services are called civil servants. They remain in office even when the ruling party changes. They work under political executive and assist them in carrying out the day-to-day administration.
The civil servants often have more knowledge of a subject than the political leaders. The latter might not have expert knowledge than the former. Still, the political executive has more power than the non-political executive due to the following reasons:
● The political executive consists of ministers who are elected by the people.
● He has the power to function on the will of the people.
● He is answerable for all the consequence of his actions to the people.
● The minister takes all the final decisions.
● He decides the basic framework and objectives in which all the policies will function.
● The minister takes advice of the non-political executive.
Rate this question :