Q. 2 A4.1( 74 Votes )
Why do you think the writer visited Miss Beam’s school? (1)
The writer visited Miss Beam’s school because he had heard a lot about the school. The writer had heard about Miss Beam's teaching methods that were simple and easy. Miss Beam gave a lot of calculations to the students which made them take interest in the subject. They were also taught many things which they could do on their own.
Rate this question :
Put these sentences from the story in the right order and write them out in a paragraph. Don’s refer to the text.
● I shall be so glad when today is over.
● Having a leg tied up an hopping about on a crutch is almost fun, I guess.
● I don’t think I’ll mind being deaf for a day – at least not much.
● But being blind is so frightening.
● Only you must tell me about things.
● Let’s go for a little walk.
● The other bad days can’t be half as bed as this.NCERT English - Honeysuckle
Look at your hands carefully. Now write down for each finger one action for which that finger is particularly important. For example, the second (or index) finger helps to hold the knife down firmly when cutting.NCERT English - Honeysuckle
Match the words and phrases with their meanings in the box below.
NCERT English - Honeysuckle
Now make lists of
(i) all the words on the page (plus any more that you can think of) that begin with terr
(ii) Five words that may follow the last word on the page, that.
(iii) write down your own meaning of the word thank. Then write down the meaning given in the dictionary.NCERT English - Honeysuckle
Make a short list of things you find difficult to do.
Turing a somersault
Threading a needle
Compare your list with the others’ in the class. Can you explain why you find these things difficult to do?NCERT English - Honeysuckle
Given below is a page from a dictionary. Look at it carefully and
(i) find a word which means the same as ghastly. Write down the word and its two meanings.
(ii) find a word meaning a part of the school year.
(iii) find a word that means examination.NCERT English - Honeysuckle
Re-word these lines from the story:
1. I had heard a great deal about Miss Beam’s school.
2. Miss Beam was all that I had expected – middle-aged, full of authority.
3. I went to the window which overlooked a large garden.
4. “We cannot bandage the children’s mouths, so they really have to exercise their will-power.”NCERT English - Honeysuckle
“Each term every child has one blind day, one lame day …..” Complete the line. Which day was the hardest? Why was it the hardest? (9, 11, 15)NCERT English - Honeysuckle
What was the ‘game’ that every child in the school had to play? (9)NCERT English - Honeysuckle
What was the purpose of these special days? (5, 9)NCERT English - Honeysuckle