Why do we call In
India is a secular and Democratic state because here different religion people live and all have the right to cast their vote and elect their popular leader.
• The term secular was added to the Preamble of India by the 42nd Constitutional Amendment Act.
• All persons have the right to freely profess and propagate any religion.
• There is no national language or religion; every religion is treated equally.
• The Constitution provides freedom to the citizens to profess any religion.
• Constitution prohibits discrimination on the grounds of religion.
The state can interfere in the religious matters if it does not promote equality.
Rate this question :