Q. 45.0( 1 Vote )
Why do the enterprises need to adopt pollution control measures?
They can certain measures which are mentioned below-
● Reduction of health hazard: Environment pollution causes a lot of diseases in people, by controlling pollution people can have a better healthy life.
● Reduced risk of liability: If the organisation is found liable for causing environment pollution in any manner, like, releasing a chemical in water, or toxic air in the environment, the government can penalise the organisation, by pollution control this liability can be reduced.
● Cost-saving - Pollution control saves the operating cost of the organisation by reduces wastage and cost associated with the disposal of waste.
● Improved public image- Society is aware of the environment pollution and if a firm takes measure to protect the environment, it gets a good image in public.
● Other social benefits: Pollution control results in many other benefits like better quality of life, and the availability of natural products in a purer form.
Rate this question :
Why do the enterprises need to adopt pollution control measures?NCERT - Business Studies
What steps can an enterprise take to protect the environment from the dangers of pollution?NCERT - Business Studies
Briefly explain (a) Air Pollution, (b) Water pollution, and (c) Land pollution.NCERT - Business Studies
What do you understand by social responsibility of business? How is it different from legal responsibility?NCERT - Business Studies
Carbon monoxide emitted by automobiles directly contributes toNCERT - Business Studies
If business is to operate in a society which is full of diverse and complicated problems, it may haveNCERT - Business Studies
Which of the following is capable of doing maximum good to society?NCERT - Business Studies
Which of the following can explain the need for pollution control?NCERT - Business Studies
Environmental protection can best be done by the efforts ofNCERT - Business Studies
That an enterprise must behave as a good citizen is an example of its responsibility towardsNCERT - Business Studies